Do you often feel queasy, bloated or have burning sensation inside your stomach? If yes, then you might have indigestion. You feel these uncomfortable sensations when the acid in your stomach acid irritates your intestines and esophagus. Commonly, indigestion can be the symptoms of other issues such as GERD, gastritis and even food intolerances. Well, you can easily prevent indigestion by making some lifestyle and diet changes.
- Avoid Food That Triggers Indigestion: It is important to identify the food products that usually cause you indigestion and related sensitivities. That way, you can avoid eating those foods in your diet. The common foods that trigger indigestion are caffeine, spicy foods, fatty heavy foods, fried items, carbonated drinks and so on.
- Take Your Dinner Early: It is always recommended to eat your diner early to prevent indigestion and other problems at night. Make sure you take your dinner 2-3 hours before you go to sleep. This will help your body get enough time to digest it. If you feel heartburn, then don't lie right after having your dinner. You can use some pillows under your shoulder and head for some time to keep the acid down.
- Take Small Meals: If you eat more in one sitting, it will cause you indigestion, thus it is recommended to eat small meals throughout the day. Overeating can put pressure on your stomach and be painful. Thus, instead of taking 3 huge meals, take 5-6 smaller ones.
- Chew Properly: If you usually eat your food in a hurry or within just 10 minutes, then it is the time to change this habit. Consider chewing your food properly and stretch your eating time up to 30-40 minutes.
- Reduce Stress: Reducing your stress level is quite beneficial to discourage indigestion. Luckily, there are certain relaxation techniques you can try to reduce stress such as meditation, yoga, deep breathing, Tai Chi and so on.
- Manage Your Weight: Carrying extra pounds can put pressure in your stomach and make it vulnerable to indigestion. You can manage your weight by doing regular exercise. Also, consuming a high amount of veggies and fruits can also help you meet your weight loss goals.
- Contact Your Doctor: If you are feeling bloated and noticing symptoms of indigestion, then visit your doctor and discuss your symptoms instead of taking medication on your own. Some pills, syrups, digestive enzyme supplements, home remedies or medications can make the symptoms worse.
Apart from this, you can even visit any experienced gastroenterologist and get proper treatment for indigestion. If you are looking for the best gastroenterologist in Varanasi, then you can visit Heritage Hospitals. It is the best multidisciplinary super specialty hospital in Varanasi where you can receive the best treatment for gastric issues such as indigestion, gastritis, jaundice, constipation, diarrhea & dysentery and even loss of weight. Visiting their gastroenterologist will help you ensure better digestion and overall health.
To know more details, you can visit https://heritagehospitals.com/departments/specialities/gastroenterology-liver-stomach