Due to rising temperature, many people suffer from indigestion, acidity, and other digestive problems in summers. Generally, having too spicy oily food leads to digestion problems that are accompanied by symptoms including dysentery, vomiting, bloating, and even stomach cramps.
The rising heat can affect the digestive and immunity ability, causing such problems. Thus, it is vital to regulate your food habits to avoid digestive problems and ensure your overall health.
Here's is how to avoid indigestion during summer:
- Stay Hydrated: During peak summers, it is important to drink a lot of water and freshly made juices & coconut water to stay hydrated. Your body loses water due to sweating but it can be recovered by drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day to replenish it. Drinking salted buttermilk is also beneficial in summer to prevent indigestion and other issues.
- Limit Sugar Content: In summer, you should avoid taking drinks or cold beverages that are high in sugar content such as energy drinks, cold coffee, soda as well as packages fruit juices.
- Take Smaller Meals: As your digestive system is weak in summer, you should avoid taking heavy meals. It is best to take smaller, frequent meals at short intervals that will help you avoid ingestion or stomach cramps.
- Avoid Dairy Products: Dairy products such as cheese, butter, and every ice-cream can give your momentary relief and boost the taste of your food but can heat your body once ingested. That heat can cause digestive problems.
- Regular Workouts: Walking, running, and performing some exercises are essential for all age groups. Regular exercising and workouts ease the digestion problems and help you stay active and refreshed throughout the day.
- Avoid Fried And Acidic Food: You might love those fried, spicy chicken, French fries, or other acidic food, but you should avoid them during summers as they can increase the heartburn. Instead, you should include fresh fruits, green vegetables in the diet.
- Eat Fresh Fruits Ad Green Vegetables: You should add fresh fruits and green vegetables in your diets such as watermelon, pears, apples, and cucumber. They are a good source of fiber, iron, vitamins, and calcium that are beneficial for your skin and eye health.
If you often suffer from indigestion, heartburn, or acidity, then you should take extra care of your health during the summer. All the above-mentioned tips will help you avoid indigestion problems. Also, if you are experiencing severe pain in your stomach, feeling appetite loss, or abdominal discomfort, then you should take medical treatment.
You can visit Heritage Hospitals and discuss your problems with one of the experienced gastroenterologists. Heritage Hospitals is the most trusted health care facility in Varanasi where you can get the best treatment related to gastroenterology Varanasi. Their gastroenterologists are proficient in dealing with the conditions like gastritis, jaundice, and dysentery, intractable vomiting, and so on.
To know more details, you can visit https://heritagehospitals.com/departments/specialities/gastroenterology-liver-stomach